API-U Qualified Rigger Course
April 9, 2018 @ 8:00 am - April 11, 2020 @ 5:00 pm
The course is intended to familiarize the participant with lifting loads using slings and rigging hardware as well as safety concerns associated with the development/revisions of JSA’s and lift plans. Intended to give the individual the knowledge and skills required to competently act as a Qualified Rigger and effectively conduct safe lifting operation under their direct control.
All persons who work with crane and lifting operations, including:
- Experienced deck crew, roustabout.
- Mechanic technician/supervisor, deck foreman
- Personnel who wishing to be a qualified rigger
Acquire competence in the theory and practice of the following:
- API RP 2D 7th edition
- Industry standards
- Terminology and definitions
- Lift plans, JSA/JSEA lift team and roles and responsibilities
- Usage,inspection and maintenance of rigging hardware and slings
- Slings angles, weight calculation, slings calculation
- Basic lifting principles and safety precautions
- Wire rope mechanics, classification and characteristics and inspection/replacement criteria
- Practical assessments: Demonstrate hands-on proficiency in completing:
– Lift planning
– Pre-use inspection
– Monthly inspection
– Rigging techniques
– Rigging practice
Satisfactory completion of the written and practical assessment elements is a prerequisite for successful award of certificate.
Course Duration: 3 Days
Minimum Class Size: 5 pax
Maximum Course Size: 10 pax
Prerequisites: Proof of Compliance with API RP 2D 7th Edition Section 8.2.4 Physical Qualification
Competency: Written & Practical Assessments
Language: Thai and/or English
Included: ￼Breaks, Lunch, Hand Outs
All training equipment are provided.
Minimum PPE Required from attendees (last training day only)
– Work clothes
Transportation can be provided for an additional charge to the training center from the immediate training Facility area. A fee will be charged in accordance with location for transportation from other areas.
Thunder Oilfield Services (Thailand) Ltd is happy to offer assistance with sourcing/booking accommodation and has agreements with several hotels.
￼￼￼￼￼Map for self-transportation to site available on request.