Location: Labuan, Malaysia
Position: Project Engineer
The Project Engineer conducts the daily activities of the Project Team in regards to coordination, sales and service. In addition, shows ability to organize and motivate people to get things accomplished in a way that everyone feels a sense of order and direction.
- Management System
- Realization of Service and Service Related Product
- Contract Review
- Risk Assessment, Management & Contingency Planning
- Design and Development
- Management of Change (MOC)
- Monitoring, Measurement, Analysis, and Improvement
Management System – Offshore Department.
- Execute, report and when requested provide feedback on the strategic plan to advance the company vision, mission and objectives.
- Execute, report and when requested provide feedback on procedures and processes for alignment with company vision, mission and objectives.
Realization of Service and Service Related Product
- Always put safety first.
- Follow pricing policies when issuing quotations and conducting jobs.
- Ensure quotes, sales orders and invoices are constantly up dated and the latest information is
- Follow priorities and operate with a constant sense of urgency.
- Ensure the right men, with the right tools are on the job at the right time.
- Manage all emergencies
- Report, Discuss and Process Warranty issues, which may arrive.
- Review, highlight issues, negotiation solutions as prescribed in the departmental procedures,
under authority of offshore department.
- Execute, report and when requested provides feedback on various reports, and ensure it is clearly communicated to all stakeholders. (examples: Four Week Look Ahead Plan “FLAP”, on call rotation, Utilization Report, etc. etc)
- Execute, report and when requested provides feedback on Offshore Department’s SOP and assist project manager to constantly develop, execute, review and when necessary revise to align with global best practices.
- Use Offshore Department’s Work Instructions (WI) and Forms; to Execute, report and when requested provides feedback to revise to align with global best practices.
Risk Assessment Management & Contingency planning
- Evaluate potential Service and Service Related Product, delivery and quality risk; and remove or reduce risk within acceptable company standards.
- Develop, review and improve and if required execute, contingency plans.
Design and Development
- Drafting of offshore field service job packs.
- RFQ and prepare purchase orders and various other request, for expenses directly under offshore department, ONLY.
Monitoring, Measurement, Analysis, and Improvement
- Execute, report and when requested provides feedback on various logs and data bases, and ensure it is clearly communicated to all stakeholders. (examples: Utilization Report, etc. etc)
- Ensure offshore jobs are tracked against time budgeted and that these budgets are maintained and reported on.
- Develop reporting procedures with various clients and maintain.
- Assist Project manager to develop and promote offshore departments annual budget.
- Assist Project manager to develop and promote annual budget into a forecast as directed and
- Ensure departments Budget (or forecast) is cascaded down as consistent with company policy.
- Attend regular meetings with various stakeholders, from vendors to clients; and when possible
attend meetings to develop relationships and break down barriers.
- Ensure internal meetings are conducted which facilitate clear communications.
- Good knowledge of Crane O&M for all well-known manufacturers.
- Fully familiar with crane standard and industry codes,
- Good working experience of work planning and optimization
- Good knowledge/experience of SSHE requirements in a working environment
- Good command of written and spoken English,
- Ability to operate PC and be literate with MS Office applications.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Bachler’s Degree in Engineering (or related background experience as approved)
- Safety Office Supervisor Level
- Driver’s License
- Minimum 3 years of Direct Offshore Experience
- Minimum 1 Years Crane Experience Preferred
- Intimate knowledge of API Spec 2C & RP 2D (all editions)
- Computer Literate
- Able to use MS Office Programs
- Able to Travel Globally, with little to no assistance
Key Skill Areas:
- Computer & Technical Literacy
- Time management
- Quick learning
Personal Attributes (competencies):